The 4.0 Kernel brings some important updates and features here is a list of just a few of them:
- Live Kernel Patching, ability to install security kernel updates WITHOUT REBOOT.
- DisplayPort Audio, and better better fan control support for the Radeon DRM driver.
- Graphics and power-management support for Intel’s Skylake processors
- Intel Quark SoC support
- PlayStation PS 4 Controller support.
- Better Toshiba laptop support, improved Logitech HID support, and more.
Black Lab Linux 5.x/6.x, Ubuntu 14.x/15.x, Linux Mint 17.x
32 bit or 64 bit processor
1 gb of RAM - 64bit 512mb of RAM - 32 bit
You can download the 4.0 Kernel update package from Sourceforge
Kernel 4.0 Update Kit x86 and x86-64
For a list of Known Issues download the 4.0 Known Issues Document
For those of you wanting to download and modify the kernel source code you can get that here as well
Kernel 4.0 Source Code